Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO)
Location: New Delhi
Role: Animals can’t speak for themselves. FIAPO is looking for someone who can speak for them, an outgoing, strong communicator who can be an effective advocate for animals. We are looking for a person to join our youthful and energetic team which is passionate about the cause of animal rights.
The present post is for the Stop Slaughter Cruelty campaign, details of which can be found at http://www.fiapo.org/our-campaigns/meat-shop-campaign/
- Online and primary research for information and evidence required by the campaign; preparing reports, letters, proposals on that basis
- Persuade government decision-makers to develop animal-friendly legislation and policies specific to the campaign
- Work with activists, organisations and law enforcement agencies to implement existing rules governing slaughter of animals
- Cultivate working relationships with key stakeholders in campaign area.
- Mobilise member organisations and activists to participate in the campaign at the local and national levels.
- Work with the communications team to develop online actions and materials for the campaign
- Help draft news releases, articles and letters; work with the media to publish them
Employer: Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO) is India’s apex animal protection organisation. As the collective voice of the animal protection movement in India, FIAPO is the catalyst which protects the interests of animals on local and national levels – through education, research, lobbying, mobilization, training and direct action. Created for the movement, by the movement, FIAPO is India’s only national federation with 77 members and over 200 supporter organizations nationally.
Eligibility and skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a client facing role
- A people’s person with a persuasive demeanour
- Must be fluent in English and Hindi (written and verbal)
- Should work in a team effectively, often on high pressure deadlines
- A positive person who loves to travel, usually at short notice
Application Procedure: Please familiarize yourself with FIAPO at www.fiapo.org before you apply.
Based on the job description and the website, within 300 words, please provide a cover letter with the following details:
- What role have you been in previously (voluntary or otherwise) that is closest to the advertised vacancy and for how long?
- A challenging situation you have faced and how you resolved it
- Your current or last CTC (you will be required to give pay slips)
Please email these with your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply