Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO)
Location: New Delhi
Role: Animals can’t speak for themselves. FIAPO is looking for someone who can speak for them, an outgoing, strong communicator who can be an effective advocate for animals. We are looking for a person to join our youthful and energetic team which is passionate about the cause of animal rights.
Terms of Employment: Full Time Employee
Position Location: Delhi,India
To execute and strategize powerful campaigns to push major corporations to eliminate or reduce animal products and by products in their national food chains.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research key details of major corporations, including corporate structure, history, animal welfare standards, leadership and social media handles
- Draft letters to board members, shareholders, and other key stakeholders in targeted corporations
- Cultivate relationships with and maintain contact details for executives at major food companies
- Consistently engage with companies—providing research, news stories, connections to animal protection experts, and other relevant materials—to persuade them to adopt animal protection policies
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations to persuade companies to adopt animal protection policies and represent our corporate outreach efforts at conferences and other forums
- Serve as a media spokesperson for corporate outreach program and brainstorm compelling angles to promote corporate outreach work in the media
- Facilitate development of communication materials – such as leaflets, videos, and social media campaigns for targeted pressure building and campaign promotions.
- Travel frequently for meetings with heads of various corporations.
- Stay updated with the information of industry practices, growing businesses etc.
- Self-motivation, resourcefulness, and creative research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Employer: Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO) is India’s apex animal protection organisation. As the collective voice of the animal protection movement in India, FIAPO is the catalyst which protects the interests of animals on local and national levels – through education, research, lobbying, mobilization, training and direct action. Created for the movement, by the movement, FIAPO is India’s only national federation with 77 members and over 200 supporter organizations nationally.
Eligibility and skills:
• At least 3 years’ experience in a client facing role
• A people’s person with a persuasive demeanour
• Must be fluent in English and Hindi (written and verbal)
• Should work in a team effectively, often on high pressure deadlines
• A positive person who loves to travel, usually at short notice
Application Procedure: Please familiarize yourself with FIAPO at www.fiapo.org before you apply.
Based on the job description and the website, within 300 words, please provide a cover letter with the following details:
• What role have you been in previously (voluntary or otherwise) that is closest to the advertised vacancy and for how long?
• A challenging situation you have faced and how you resolved it
• Your current or last CTC (you will be required to give pay slips)
Please email these with your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply