Location: Mumbai & Chennai
Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO) is India’s apex animal protection organization. As the collective voice of the animal protection movement in India, FIAPO is the catalyst which protects the interests of animals on local and national levels – through education, research, lobbying, mobilization, training and direct action. Created for the movement, by the movement, FIAPO is India’s only national federation with 200 member and associate organizations. FIAPO is seeking to strengthen its resource mobilisation division and towards this end this position is being recruited..
To implement an effective resource moblisation programme focussing on major gifts from High Networth Individuals, mainly based in Mumbai.
- On a typical day you would be doing some of the following things.
a) FIAPO has existing supporters. One of the key tasks is, through these supporters, to get access to additional prospects to pursue. Some ways that are used for cultivating new prospects are :
- Have the existing supporter send an appeal to his / her acquaintances introducing the organisation and you to that person. The appeal may need to be accompanied by a proposal as well. Your job will be to write the appeal and the proposal and ensure that the appeal goes out in the correct way, in addition to all the work with the supporter to get him ready to send such an appeal out.
- Organising an event where the existing supporter invites his/her acquaintances. You would make presentations to such an audience, carefully tailoring your presentation to be able to convey the message to the audience and then inspiring your audience to become a part of the solution by joining FIAPO.
- There may be several other ways of expanding the prospect base.
b)Once prospects are available, fixing up meetings with them to continue the process of education and be able to create a resonance with the prospect such that the prospect is inspired to be part of the movement and take tangible action to support the movement monetarily.
c)This can be a time consuming and exhausting process. Often prospects may be unwilling to meet in the first place. Even if meetings do happen, it may so happen that the person does not resonate with the cause and may not be inspired to give.
d)Often the conversion from a person interested to a person who reaches into his/her pocket can take several meetings and quite some time. Over a series of meetings, educate the prospects about FIAPO’s campaigns and opportunities to connect with them.
e)Once a person becomes a donor, the you will maintain close contact with him/her, update them with campaign progress and look for ways to enhance their satisfaction from the relationship with FIAPO and from helping animals.
f)Ensure that there is regular communication with supporters (including by email and post – some of these tasks, the FIAPO communications team will help with) and that the communication is of the correct type.
- What you should have:
- FIAPO is a young organisation where team members have grown with the organisation. If you like working in a flat structure and open environment and have the enthusiasm to chart a new course and be able to bring to the service of animals that most crucial entity – funds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proposals and reports.
- Strong negotiating and persuasive skills.
- Strong relationship and networking skills in order to maintain robust relationships. If you have an outgoing personality and feel good about meeting and interacting with people, you may fit the bill.