Federation of Indian Animal Protection Organisations (FIAPO) (NGO)
Location: New Delhi
Please read the following before proceeding:
- This is an NGO
- The role involves directly doing the actions mentioned below. Not managing or planning etc.
- Please apply only if you have more than 2 years and less than 4 years of experience. CVs beyond this range will not be considered.
- The salary range is 25,000 – 35,000 per month.
- If you have a concern for and interest in animals, it will be an added benefit.
- Manage our Virtual Private Server hosted on www.1and1.com
- Strong understanding of object-oriented PHP.
- Good Experience in Open source CMS (WordPress).
- Provide technical support (php/mysql and wordpress) for all websites, including but not only - editing pages/templates, providing signups/e-action pages, managing the database, setting up of new subdomains and associated wordpress theme, Adding pages and features that require bespoke programming like pledges, petitions, emailers, registration for events and ensure a link to the database, editing existing content and uploading any new content required, refreshing the look (colours, theme) of the website every few months or as directed, updating the slider, menu items as required, ensure features like donation (ccavenue), campaign actions, sharing to social media etc are all running without any interruption in service.
- Proficient in developing WordPress plugins and themes.
- Provide support for integration with emailing software to send responsive emailers each week through sendgrid.
- Using existing installation of word press, should be able to customize bbpress and buddy press to match existing theme and functionality.
- Manage our database, and write/edit php code to update the database management tool.
- Drawing up detailed website specifications, solving code issues, work on design assignments, Optimize our website for search engines
- Has knowledge of E-commerce platform (Magento, OS Commerce), CRMs etc
- Knowledge of Responsive Designs.
- Manage the server, and be responsible for the following : taking regular backups, booking subdomains, as needed, respond to mail/web/FTP etc server problems as experienced, create and adminster new emails as required by the organisation , contact 1and1 support directly, and resolve any issues with them.
- Administer the contacts database of FIAPO - fiapo.org/admin. Also include the following tasks - Run regular queries to clean up databases, remove incorrect emails etc., ensure the actions from the website capture and store data in the correct categories on the database, maintain a good link with the sendgrid email system, create new sections and services in this as required.
- Use the sendgrid system as and when required to send direct mailers.
- Provide weekly reports on mailers, and web analytics content.
- Ensure smooth running of any and all web services of FIAPO.
Employer: Federation of Indian Animal Protection Orgabisations (FIAPO) is India's apex animal protection organization. As the collective voice of the animal protection movement in India, FIAPO is the catalyst which protects the interests of animals on local and national levels - through education, research, lobbying, mobilization, training and direct action. Created for the movement, by the movement, FIAPO is India’s only national federation with 60 members and over 200 supporter organizations nationally.
Eligibility: At least 1 year of experience is required. Proficient in PHP/MySQl and WordPress. Fluency in Hindi and English is required.
Application Procedure: Please familiarize yourself FIAPO by reading through the web pages of www.fiapo.org before you apply.
Based on the job description and the website, within 300 words, please provide a cover letter with the following details
-What role have you been in previously (voluntary or otherwise) that is closest to the advertised vacancy and for how long?
-A challenging situation you have faced
-Your current or last CTC (you will be required to give pay slips)
Please email email@example.com to apply